CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spirulina balls!!!!!! A Healthier Snack:)

I dont know about you but, I Love going to health food stores and seeing what new Bar is out Promising Great Nutrition and Energy! I Always seem to be hungry between meals and so I love to try varieties of those types of snacks. Unfortunately, they are so darn Expensive!! Well, I tried one of those Spirulina balls and loved it so I searched for a recipe to create it myself and sure enough I found one very much like the ones sold at the health food store. Here's the Best part....I made 36 of them for approx. $10.00!! That's 28 cents each!!! They sell at health food stores for 1.50 and UP!!! Yes, it's true. My kids liked them...not loved but, they ate them and that makes me happy because they were loaded with spirulina and that is such a great protective nutrient and great for the immune system! Here's the recipe, I hope you like it!

250 gr (approx. 1/2 lb) raw almond butter
1/2 cup brown rice syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup blueberry juice ( I used Apple)

2 1/2 tbs pumpkin seeds, freshly ground
2 1/2 tbs sesame seeds, freshly ground
1/3 cup sunflower seeds, freshly ground
1/3 cup flax seeds, freshly ground
1 1/2 tbs spirulina powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vitamin C powder (optional) ( I used a multi vitamin powder by: All One)
1 tsp salt (optional)
1/8 to 1/4 tsp Stevia white powder (to taste)

1 3/4 cups quick oats
1 cup puffed millet
2 tbs rice bran, packed (this ingredient may be omitted and replaced with more quick oats)

Directions

Food process first four ingredients. In separate bowl, mix together next nine ingredients. Add to nut butter mixture and process. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Add quick oats, millet and rice bran (if using). Mix until well combined. Make balls or squares. Store in the refrigerator.

FYI....when rolling these balls it is VERY Sticky and messy:) I rolled them in finely shredded coconut and put them in a Tupperware container and in the fridge!

Have an Amazing Day! Peace.

0 comments: