CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Are You Ready for a Potato Chip Alternative??

KALE.......I know, I know, it's a Vegetable and the thought of suggesting that it replace your wonderfully, greasy, salty potato Chip is close to criminal...right? But, if you could subdue the craving for chips with something....Ummmmmm that is, In the food world considered a SUPERFOOD and is Rich in Minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium not to mention it's loaded with Beta-Carotene and studies suggest that the phytonutrients can help the liver neutralize some potential cancerous substances would you Maybe , possibly TRY it?? I thought so:) SO, here's the Recipe: OH..And Did I mention that 1 cup of KALE has 35 Calories and ZERO FAT?? Thought you might like that!

KALE.....Yes, I know there are so many kinds! For Chips, I choose the ones with the curlier, thicker leaves.
Sea Salt or a salt alternative
Olive oil

Break the KALE off the stem in Chip size pieces put in a bowl.
Use your hands to thoroughly cove the KALE pieces
(Use Enough KALE to cover a baking sheet)
This means you will only need approx 1/2 tsp to one table spoon of oil and cover with sea salt but, GO EASY and I mean EASY.....(Too Salty, is only good in the trash)

Pre Heat Oven to 400 and put the KALE in for Approx....15 mins. Check on it, as every oven is different....It needs to get crispy but, not burnt...I have burnt and under cooked, it is definitely an Art and might take practice...but, it's worth it!

HAIL TO THE KALE!

0 comments: