CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Amazing Energy Pancake!

This is a Great Pancake for Lasting Energy! It is light, yet filling and tastes Great! I eat this after a workout because it is a great amount of protein, Carbs(the good kind) and the banana has a lot of potassium which is great for my legs. Blueberries are another "Superfood" providing antioxidants and fiber!

The Story...because you know there usually Is a story!! This recipe came from a past client of mine. She would come into the boutique that I worked at and she always looked Amazing! What was so Amazing about her was her Positive and Upbeat Energy! Now, I worked in Newport Beach, Fashion Island(the home of plastic surgery) so seeing 60 year old women looking like a million bucks was common but, usually came at the hands of a plastic surgeon but, I knew she was different. She was in her 60's but, she ate healthy and stayed very active! I know this because I was dying to know her secret...so I flat out asked her! She told me she had not had any surgery and She said she practiced Yoga, went roller blading etc...AND she swore the main thing that gave her this sustained Energy All day was this pancake!! So of course, I made it the very next morning and have been making it ever since! I think when life presents us with great lessons or secrets they need to be shared with others....so, here is the recipe! Hope you like it as much as I do.

Amazing Energy Pancake!

1 package of organic instant oatmeal (good kind)... any flavor w/o added sugar...flax seed is my favorite! Costco has a great organic brand with the flax seed flavor
2 egg whites
1/2 Ripe banana
Blueberries...as much as you like in your pancake approx...1/3 cup
**This makes one pancake so adjust the recipe if your making for more then yourself!

Mix the egg whites in with the oatmeal and mash in the banana, mix well then fold in the blueberries. pour onto heated skillet and flip when side is brown. pancake will be a bit moist inside but, is ready when both sides are lightly browned. Top with a little Honey, or Natural Syrup.

Peace!

0 comments: