CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tasty Chicken Enchiladas...... Almost Homemade..

I seriously searched for a recipe that was Easy and healthy and that used a red sauce with the Chicken Enchiladas. It was pretty overwhelming because there wasn't anything that really sounded good to me...I'm sure they were all good but, it was just one of those days where I was very indecisive and ...well, I'm sure you get it. We all have those kind of days. SO, I basically made up my own recipe...It did get good reviews. I took the tray to our neighbors, baked them there and they, along with my hubby were my guinea pigs for the first batch of Chicken Enchiladas. They were pretty Great...either that or the drinks were helping out the flavor LOL! Seriously, they were good, just give em' a try yourself:) BTW....This was not expensive at all! I had chicken I bought on sale, ricotta cheese was on sale and I had everything else at home! I's say approx....under 10.00 for sure and it made 2 baking dishes full...one large dish, one medium:) Thanks for reading.

4 skinless,boneless,Chicken breast halves
1 med onion,chopped
fat free ricotta cheese
1 c shredded (light) cheese..I like the mexican blend
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tblsp dried parsley
/2 tsp dried pepper
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 can green chilis
approx 15 corn tortillas
1 15 oz can of your favorite Enchilada sauce


*boil chicken with some onion and garlic until not pink in the middle
*remove and cut chicken in cubes
(Helpful TIP! Save remaining broth for a later recipe that calls for chicken stock!)
*put in a skillet and add the rest of the ingredients. along w/ 1/2 cup of the broth..stir until cheese melts.
*remove from skillet and prepare the tortillas for filling...
I heated the tortillas in the microwave to avoid softening them with the classic oil in the skillet light frying...just because I figured if I can...why not?
*This worked well....then I dipped the tortilla in the enchilada sauce, filled it with the mixture,rolled it and placed it with the fold side down in a baking dish.
Once the dish is filled, tope with remaining Enchilada sauce and Mexican Blend Cheese
bake on 350 for approx 30 mins.

***If you have a Homemade recipe for the Enchilada sauce...use it instead if you want...I just happen to have a can of sauce in my cabinet...I thought...Cool, less work for me...I might as well try it!

**WARNING*** This is MESSY:)

0 comments: