CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SPLIT PEA SOUP in the Crock Pot......Mmmmm

The most expensive ingredient in this recipe was the bacon that I bought on Sale(Of Course) for about 2.50! The peas were 79 cents! And less than that for the potatoes and celery! Making the Approx total for this complete meal around $5.00!! AND, The Great thing about this soup is that even if you don't like peas.... chances are You will Love this soup! I Know this because My Husband has serious PEA Radar...he can find a pea in any meal and pick it out however,I'm pretty sure he had seconds of this meal:) I searched online to find a very likable, simple, but, delicious recipe that the entire family would enjoy. I found this one on About.com and it was submitted by: Diana Rattray. I'm not sure of all the facts about posting someones else's recipe so I'm basically just Trying to Cover My A** here! I did change it a bit of course to make it a little more Michelle style:) I hope you like it. BTW, the Jambalaya I made last night was Awesome flavor but, something was missing and I need to re-make it to figure out what it is but, as soon as I master it It's gonna be Amazing! Have a Beautiful Day filled with Love, Opportunity, and Potential.

Ingredients:

* 8 slices bacon, diced...............(I used Turkey Bacon to cut some fat)
* 1/2 cup chopped onion...............(I used a cup, yellow onion)
* 2 ribs celery, chopped..............(I used 3)
* 8 cups boiling water
* 1 pound split dried peas
* 3 sprigs parsley
* 1 tsp. thyme
* 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed.........( I wanted it thicker, so I used 4)
* 1 tsp. salt .........................( I used more...maybe a tablespoon!)
**********************I ADDED PEPPER!!!! AND LOTS OF IT!!)
**********************AND, I almost forgot...You Can never add too much GARLIC <3

Preparation:
Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Before serving mash ingredients carefully with potato masher, until as thick as you like; stir well. Makes 12 servings.

**********THIS SERIOUSLY WONT LOOK DONE UNTIL THE LAST 1/2 HOUR AND YOU WONT EVEN NEED THE POTATO MASHER MUCH!)

****Add some Love and Your Done!

0 comments: