CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

IF YOU LOOK WITH AN OPEN, CREATIVE MIND YOU WILL FIND EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED!

As the cupboards become more bare the creative wheels in my brain are spinning full speed ....I have to admit it's a roll of the dice what may happen.....for example, what I failed to mention and was a little embarrassed to admit was, when I served that amazing Venison the other day...I served it with freeze dried potatoes that I found in the cupboard...I must have had it for a year and got it on sale and thought I'd try it.....well, at least I tried, that's all I can say positive about that because it was pretty disgusting....we didn't even want to feed it to the dog. However, with every mistake comes a lesson and sometimes a laugh, so, it's All Good! Yesterday however, was a success. While digging through the cupboard I found 2 boxes of Matzo ball mix! I had 4 lbs of "store manager special" chicken thighs on sale for 2.86 in my freezer! Added all the fixings for homemade chicken stock and you guessed it the BEST Matzo Ball Chicken Soup! It was seriously so good. So, start getting creative, with the boxes and packages and the condiments because you could have a hearty, delicious, complete meal just begging to get served:) This Meal was about $6.00!!


Here's how it's done:

Buy a box or 2 of Matzo ball mix of your choice and follow the instructions. Leave in the pot until the chicken stock boils

Approx of 2 to lbs of Chicken....I had thighs, use what ever is on sale w/ the bones!
Put in a large pot w/ approx 8 quarts of water.
1 1/2 c celery
1 med onion
4 cloves of garlic diced (or however much you like)
1 c carrots
sea sale and pepper to taste
simmer until it boils then take out the chicken and shred or cut off all the meat.
Toss the bones, put the meat back in the pot and add the Matzo balls! Serve Mmmmmm!

0 comments: