CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Casserole! EASY, FILLING, AND APPROX $5.00!

I have always Loved this. However, when I heard what the ingredients were, I never wanted to eat it again MAYONNAISE!! I later learned that there are many variations to this but, not before I changed it up myself:)

You Will Need~

2 14 oz. cans of Reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (or broccoli, or chicken)
1 1/2 cups white or brown rice (or more if you prefer)
1lb chicken breast or tenderloins cut in 1/2 inch cubes
approx 1 cup shredded LIGHT cheese of your preference ...I like cheddar
1 bag frozen broccoli
salt and pepper to taste

What to Do~
cook the rice as indicated on package
boil chicken until pink is gone but, not longer
layer the broccoli on the bottom of baking dish 9 X 12
then the chicken and then cover with entire contents of 1 can of soup
then layer the rice and cover the rice with the second can of soup
finally top with cheese Mmmmmmmm
bake on 350 for approx 35 to 40 minutes!

***You could use less soup but, I tried and think it's Tooooooo Dry! Everyone Likes this in my family and I feel great because it is low calorie and VERY INEXPENSIVE:):) xo

0 comments: