CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cowboy Caviar~Always a Hit!

Some people have been asking where I have been lately.....I have not blogged in 2 mos. I'm grateful to have so many people interested in my positive words and motivation and encouragement and of course my recipes! So, here's is a little bit of Positive Motivation-Dont give up on your dreams, if you believe in them you can make them happen. I have said it once, and I will say it again...There are No Unrealistic Goals, Only Unrealistic Expectations. It is so common for people to want it and want it NOW! However, some Dreams take time to manifest...Be patient, it will happen...whatever it is you desire. Of course you need to do your part and ACT on them. Brian and I have been working on a specific goal for over 5 years and in the last year it got more refined and in the last 2 months everything started to come together full force and just 3 days ago we accomplished it. Good things are worth waiting for, in the meantime, stay positive, light, and happy and if you need some motivation, I'll do my best to help ya out!

Now, onto the Recipe.......

This recipe was given to me by my good friend Michele Kohorn. It is Awesome! In fact, I'm blogging today after a Looooong 2 month Break from blogging because I thought I'd help you out with your menu for this Memorial Day Weekend! Serve it up with blue corn tortilla chips or any kind of tortilla chip you like and your Golden! BTW......I highly recommend that you Double the recipe because it goes FAST!
Remember, make it with Love and Smile while cooking, it makes everything taste even better!

Cowboy Caviar

Ingredients

2 (15oz) cans black beans, rinsed
1 (17 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 large tomatoes, chopped
2 large avocado, diced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Dressing
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3-4 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions

1. Combine all ingred. in bowl.
2. Cover and chill.
3. Garnish with avocado slices
or cilantro sprigs.
3. Serve with tortilla chips


**** I usually make a tiny bit more dressing.....AND sometimes add extra Avocado!!

0 comments: